- Highly efficient handwashing
- Reusable and durable
- Low water consumption
- Cost saving
Health and Hygiene
SuperTowel™ is a reusable and highly durable towel that includes a permanently bonded anti-microbial layer. It is designed to provide clean hands without using soap and using only a small amount of water.
Handwashing is one of the most important and efficient public health interventions in the world. Every year, 1.8 million children do not live to celebrate their fifth birthday because of diarrheal diseases and pneumonia. Handwashing is among the most effective and inexpensive ways to prevent these diseases. This simple behavior can save lives, cutting diarrhea by almost one-half and acute respiratory infections by nearly one-quarter. Handwashing impacts not only health but also education, economics and equity. It plays an important role in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals - contributing to improved sanitation, zero hunger, good health, quality education, equity and much more.
SuperTowel™ is designed with a permanently bonded antimicrobial technology. When wetted and rubbed against the hands, the pathogens will be transferred to the towel and killed.
The antimicrobial technology forms a positively charged layer on the fabric. This layer will attract and kill the negatively charged microbes, like bacteria and fungi. The treatment does not contain any harmful chemicals.
Antimicrobial Efficiency, test results*
- Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Bacteria 99,99% reduction
- Escherichia Coli Bacteria 99,99% reduction
- Staphylococcus Aureus Bacteria 99,99% reduction
- Klebsiella Pneumoniae Bacteria 99,99% reduction
- Aspergillus Niger Fungus 99,99% reduction
- Candida Albicans Fungus 99,31% reduction
* as tested under experimental conditions JIS L 1902:2008
- Broad spectrum efficacy
- Fast acting technology, 99%+ bacteria killed within 30 secs
- Kills even MRSA
- Very small water consumption
- Even contaminated water can be used
- Long lifetime
- Less bulky than soap
DOWNLOAD TEST RESULTS:
Why choose SuperTowel™ ?
Health and Hygiene
- Clean & Bacteria free hands
- Easy and flexible use – promotes more frequent handwashing
- No chemicals left on hands
- No skin irritation, less dry skin
- Long lifetime/durability
- No expiry of antimicrobial treatment
- Compact alternative to soap
- Reduced distribution costs
About the HIF
The SuperTowel™ project is supported by Elrha’s Humanitarian Innovation Fund programme, a grant making facility supporting organisations and individuals to identify, nurture and share innovative and scalable solutions to the most pressing challenges facing effective humanitarian assistance.
The HIF is funded by aid from the UK Government.
Visit www.elrha.org for more information about Elrha’s work to improve humanitarian outcomes through research, innovation, and partnership.
SuperTowel™ - re-engineering handwashing – our commitment to humanitarian innovation.